StubHub’s Second Annual NFL Preview: Philadelphia
Eagles see “Super Bowl” boost and fans drive London game to new heights
See Past NFL Preview: 2017
With the 2018 NFL season only two weeks from its September 6th kickoff, StubHub’s event experts crunched the numbers to find the best-selling teams, matchups and rivalry games of the season in our latest NFL preview. All data is current at time of publishing.
Top highlights include:
- Philadelphia Eagles fans catapult an NFL London game to a number one position, the first time an international series game has appeared in StubHub’s top ten most in-demand games.
- Eagles jump six spots from last year to be StubHub’s 3rd most in-demand team.
EAGLES SEE SUPER BOWL EFFECT
- Eagles jump into the top five for the first time in recent years as the third most in-demand team.
- Demand for the Eagles outsells fellow 2018 Super Bowl contender, New England Patriots, by 2%.
Trending teams are based on a five-year analysis of the season start since 2014.
- The Eagles see a “Super Bowl Bump” and the 49ers enjoy the “Jimmy G Effect” as both teams see substantial growth in demand compared to last season.
- Ticket demand for the Eagles is up 51% compared to this time last year.
- After the Rams, the Eagles fandom has seen the second largest growth of 109% over the last four seasons.
RIDING SUPER BOWL VICTORY, EAGLES FANS SEE LONDON CALLING
The NFL London game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars is StubHub’s number one most in-demand game heading into the season.
- This is the first time an international game has landed on StubHub’s most in-demand game list.
- 37% of sales for the matchup is coming from the state of Pennsylvania – the highest amount of sales from a U.S. state for an NFL London game that StubHub has ever seen.
- The Eagles-Jaguars matchup is driving 10% more sales than Cowboys at Panthers, the second most in-demand game.
“The fact that we’re seeing the highest demand for an NFL London matchup is astounding and a complete testament to the enthusiasm of Eagles fans,” said Scott Jablonski, StubHub’s General Manager of NFL, NBA & NHL. “A jump of this magnitude truly demonstrates the growth of the game internationally and the willingness of Eagles fans to travel anywhere to see their team play.”
- The most anticipated moment is when the 2017 Super Bowl contenders, Atlanta Falcons, come to town as sales nearly double than for the second top-selling game against the Minnesota Vikings.
- The least expensive ticket available for purchase is currently $290 for the Upper Level Endzone with nearly 3,000 tickets still available on StubHub.
- The most affordable Philadelphia Eagles home game based on the average ticket price is against the Washington Redskins on 12/3 for $211. The least expensive ticket available for purchase is $109 for General Admission with nearly 6,000 tickets still available on StubHub.
For more information and commentary on NFL or any other event – please reach out to PR@StubHub.com.