Published May 24, 2018
It’s finally happened. After an up and down Eastern Conference Finals series, the Washington Capitals will appear in their first Stanley Cup Final since 1998. The franchise has never won a Stanley Cup in its 44 year history. Awaiting them, of course, are the Vegas Golden Knights who are looking to cap off a dream of a franchise opening season. The franchise has never won a Stanley Cup in its (not even) one year history.
What does that mean for ticket demand? When you have a large hockey market that has never held a Cup, demand will get a little wild. Fans for each side will have a chance to witness history, making this Cup final truly a once in a lifetime experience. We at StubHub took a look at some of the early numbers and trends.
- Get-in: $938
- Tickets Available: 2,020
- Average Ticket Price Sold: $1,426
- Geo: 40% NV, 11% CA, 9% MD
- Get-in: $837
- Tickets Available: 2,053
- Average Ticket Price Sold: $1,247
- Geo: 43% NV, 17% CA, 4% NY
- Get-in: $793
- Tickets Available: 1,642
- Average Ticket Price Sold: $1,141
- Geo: 28% VA, 27% MD, 17% AZ, 4% NY
- Get-in: $747
- Tickets Available: 1,819
- Average Ticket Price Sold: $1,154
- Geo: 29% VA, 26% MD, 9% DC
Top Selling Games
- VGK @ Capitals Game 3 6/2
- Capitals @ VGK Game 1 5/28
- VGK @ Capitals Game 4 6/4
- Capitals @ VGK Game 2 5/30
Caps fans flooded the market last night, already making Game 3 StubHub’s top seller so far. It’s too early to tell how this matchup will stack up historically but we expect their to be strong demand due to the novelty factor of having two fans bases eager to see their team bring home their first Cup.
Regular Season Trends
- The Vegas Golden Knights were StubHub’s #1 most in-demand team during the 2017/2018 regular season and playoffs.
- Demand for the team’s home games kicked off high and didn’t let up much as they marched their way to the playoffs.
- Historically, a great regular season team, Capitals demand was up and down until reaching the playoffs. A trend we have seen in past seasons on StubHub.
For more information and commentary on the NHL Stanley Cup or any other event – please reach out to PR@StubHub.com