Published June 1, 2018
With an even 1-1 series heading into the weekend, the Washington Capitals and Vegas Golden Knights travel east to play Games 3 and 4, starting this Saturday (June 2nd) in D.C. Thanks to a competitive start to the series, along with unique ticket demand dynamics in each market, the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals demand is high.
We at StubHub took at look the latest numbers to see what is driving this unprecedented demand.
- Get-in (Least expensive ticket price available for purchase): $899 for Mezzanine End
- Tickets Available: 1,124
- Average Ticket Price (of tickets sold on StubHub): $1,315
- % of where buyers are coming from: 28% VA, 21% MD, 11% AZ, 6% DC
- Get-in: $692 for Mezzanine End
- Tickets Available: 1,427
- Average Ticket Price: $1,274
- % of where buyers are coming from: 31% VA, 30% MD, 9% DC
- Get-in: $906 for Upper End
- Tickets Available: 2,756
- Average Ticket Price Sold: $1,480
- % of where buyers are coming from: 25% NV, 12% CA, 5% NY, 5% VA
What is demand looking like compared to recent years?
- 2018 Stanley Cup has already surpassed final total sales from the last two years – both with 6 games played.
- Total Stanley Cup ticket sales for games 1-5 on StubHub are up 128% compared to this same time for last year’s matchup (Penguins v Predators).
Where are fans coming from?
- It’s no surprise that the anticipation and excitement surrounding the Knights that Nevada pulls in the most demand in terms of ticket sales.
- Sales from Nevada represent 140% and 188% more of total sales than those from Virginia and Maryland respectively.
- There’s a buyer from all 50 states including Puerto Rico and 18 different countries for the games so far.
For more information and commentary on the NHL Stanley Cup or any other event – please reach out to PR@StubHub.com