Saturday’s blackout impacted over 1,500 orders for 27 events
NEW YORK – July 15, 2019 – During Saturday’s blackout in New York City, which saw 30 blocks of Manhattan lose power, StubHub refunded more than half a million dollars worth of tickets for cancelled events. The StubHub team provided support to thousands of customers who had bought and sold tickets for 27 different music and theatre events from Broadway to Madison Square Garden.
Recently named number one in the ticketing services category in Newsweek’s 2019 list of America’s Best Companies for Customer Service, the StubHub Customer Experience team is always prepared to update fans in a timely manner and find solutions when the unexpected strikes. Our policy in these situations is as follows:
- If the event is cancelled, we give full refunds including all fees and alert customers immediately by email or text.
- If the event is postponed and rescheduled, StubHub advises customers by email or text of the new date and provides assurance that their tickets will still be valid.
Daron Fowlks, vice president of Global Customer Experience at StubHub said, “StubHub has our customers’ backs, and in the rare instances where something goes wrong, every ticket is 100% guaranteed by our FanProtect Guarantee. Saturday’s blackout in New York City was no exception. As soon as we learned of the events affected, our team kicked into action and alerted customers and provided an update on the situation and processed a full refund for the events that weren’t rescheduled.”
Blackout impact by the numbers
- 27 StubHub events in New York were impacted by the loss of power
- 25 of those events were cancelled and not rescheduled
- 1,500+ StubHub orders were impacted
- Over $500K worth of ticket refunds
- Jennifer Lopez has rescheduled her Madison Square Garden show for Monday, July 15
- Dave Chappelle has announced that his show will be rescheduled for Sunday, July 21
Fans who buy or sell tickets through StubHub can be confident in their purchase. All sales are backed by our market-leading FanProtect Guarantee, which means that all tickets will be valid for entry and in the unlikely event of an issue, StubHub will replace this tickets or provide a full refund.