The countdown to college football season is on. With only two weeks before the first kickoff of 2019, StubHub has the latest insights surrounding the hottest teams, most-anticipated matchups and this year’s exciting trends in Division I football, based on StubHub’s sales trends to date.
New for the 2019 season are StubHub’s partnerships with the University of Minnesota, Wake Forest University and Washington State University. As a trusted partner of more than 70 NCAA schools, StubHub is a trusted and credible source for tickets to college football games. More in-depth highlights can be found in StubHub’s comprehensive preview below.
After losing the number one spot last year, Michigan is back as StubHub’s most in-demand college football team of 2019. Georgia and Texas both have significant sales increases, and the Top 10 list has two new additions.
- SEC Leads for First Time
- SEC is top-selling conference for first time ever
- Outselling Big Ten by 34%
- Top 4 games of the year include an SEC team
- 1. LSU vs. Texas, 2. UGA vs. ND, 3. Florida vs. Miami, 4. Auburn vs. Oregon
- 6 of top 10 games include an SEC team.
- 2 of top 5 rivalry games are SEC foes.
- Georgia is #2 team
- More than doubling sales from last year.
- 9/21 game vs. Notre Dame is second-highest selling game of the entire college football season.
- Top Games
- #1 LSU vs. Texas game outselling #2 Notre Dame vs. Georgia by 68%.
- LSU playing in the #1 game of the year for the second year in a row.
- 2 of top 5 Week 1 games have SEC ties.
Neutral Site Games
The phenomenon of neutral site games in college football has continued to gain popularity over the last few years. This year, neutral site games account for three of the Top 10 overall most in-demand games, drawing fans from both competing schools and the host state. Here’s a breakdown of just where fans are coming from, based on sales.
- Florida vs. Miami – Camping World Stadium in Orlando
- Florida 80%, Georgia 3%
- Auburn vs. Oregon – AT&T Stadium in Dallas
- Alabama 22%, Oregon 13%
- Oklahoma vs. Texas – Cotton Bowl in Dallas
- Texas 49%, Oklahoma 10%
- Duke vs. Alabama – Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta
- Alabama 32%, North Carolina 6%
- Boise St. vs. Florida St. – TIIA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville
- 75% Florida, 5% Idaho
“With neutral site games hosting a significant number of top tier schools this year, StubHub is seeing these unique events drum up a particular amount of excitement,” said Krimmel. “Some non-conference matchups are drawing fans from the host cities as well as fans traveling great distances from the competing teams, particularly anxious to attend some thrilling games.”
StubHub is the most trusted place to buy and sell college football tickets this season. In fact, fans who sell college football tickets on StubHub could get to a bowl game on us! Visit https://stubhub.jebbit.com/u7pe7df1?L=Email&JC=PR for more information.
As an official partner of many NCAA teams, StubHub wants to make sure fans have these tips to be safe ticket buyers:
For more information and commentary on college football or any other event, please reach out to PR@StubHub.com.