Published August 14, 2018
StubHub’s 2018 NCAA College Football Preview: Alabama
Alabama Tops Michigan For First Time in Five Seasons, Auburn-Alabama Rivalry Sees Strong Demand, Alabama Is Highest Selling Team In Nine States
See Past NCAA College Football Preview: 2017
With the 2018 NCAA Division I football season only two weeks from its August 25 kickoff, StubHub’s event experts crunched the numbers to find the hottest selling teams, matchups and rivalry games of the season in our latest NCAA College Football Preview.
Top highlights for Alabama include:
- Alabama tops Michigan on StubHub’s most in-demand team list for the first time in five seasons.
- Auburn comes to Bryant Denny to face the national champs for this season’s best-selling game in Alabama.
- Auburn and Washington meet for the first time ever for one of the most anticipated kickoff games.
ALABAMA TOPS MICHIGAN AT #1
- Alabama tops Michigan as StubHub’s most in-demand college football team.
- This marks the first season in five years a team other than Michigan ranks #1 on StubHub heading into a season.
- Demand is up 45% compared to last season for Alabama games on StubHub, based on ticket sales.
- Demand is driven by key rivalry matchups coming back to Bryant Denny Stadium this season in Auburn and Texas A&M.
“With key rivalries, Auburn and Texas A&M, returning to Bryant Denny Stadium this season, StubHub is seeing extraordinary leading demand from Alabama,” said Jill Krimmel, StubHub’s General Manager of NCAA Sports and MLB. “Riding off the excitement of another national championship and these rivalry matchups, it’s understandable that we’re seeing Alabama dethrone Michigan from a five-year-strong lead.”
The most affordable Alabama home game based on the average ticket price is against Citadel Bulldogs on 11/17 for $88.
AUBURN SEES EARLY DEMAND FOR CONFERENCE RIVALRY MATCHUPS
- Auburn is StubHub’s 12th most in-demand team going into the season.
- Demand for Auburn tickets is up 11% from this time last year, according to StubHub sales.
- Demand is largely driven by conference rivalry matchups against Tennessee, LSU and Texas A&M.
The most affordable Auburn home game based on the average ticket price is against Liberty Flames on 11/17 for $54.
ALABAMA TOPS DEMAND ACROSS THE COUNTRY
- Alabama Crimson Tide leads the list as a top seller in nine unique states, the most out of any other school.
- Approximately 58% of regular season ticket sales comes from buyers located more than 120 miles away from the venue.
“College football fans are a different breed,” said Krimmel. “They possess a passion that is hard to find anywhere else, as we’ve seen fans are willing to travel greater distances to see their teams than we see in any other sport.”
BACK TO BRYANT DENNY: AUBURN AT ALABAMA
- Auburn at Alabama on 11/24 is the most in-demand matchup in the state and 8th overall going into the season.
- Demand is up 81% from last year’s game at Auburn compared to this time last year.
- The average ticket price of tickets sold is around $256 with currently 1,300 tickets available for purchase on StubHub.
CHICK-FIL-A KICKOFF: AUBURN MEETS WASHINGTON FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Auburn meets Washington for the first time in college football history at Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta, StubHub’s 5th most in-demand opening day game.
- The Chick-fil-A Kickoff can be seen at a lower price tag as the average ticket price is down 64% compared to last year’s Alabama-Florida State matchup.
- The average ticket price of tickets sold for Washington v Auburn is around $256 with the least expensive ticket available for purchase at $89 for the Upper Endzone. There are currently 6,415 tickets available for purchase on StubHub.
For more information and commentary on NCAA College Football or any other event – please reach out to PR@StubHub.com.