Published August 14, 2018
StubHub’s 2018 NCAA College Football Preview: Texas
TCU and Texas See Strong Early Demand, Texas Purchases More Tickets Than Any Other State, Advocare Classic at AT&T Stadium Most In-Demand Opening Game
See Past NCAA College Football Preview: 2017
With the 2018 NCAA Division I football season only two weeks from its August 25 kickoff, StubHub’s event experts crunched the numbers to find the hottest selling teams, matchups and rivalry games of the season in our latest NCAA College Football Preview.
Top highlights for Texas include:
- TCU sees the largest jump in demand out of any of StubHub’s top 10 selling teams.
- University of Texas makes it back into StubHub’s top 10 since 2016.
- Texas A&M is the best-selling team in Texas and Texans overall purchase more college football tickets than any other state.
- Red River Showdown later in the season shows stronger demand compared to last year.
- Advocare Classic at AT&T Stadium is the most in-demand game overall on StubHub.
TCU IS TRENDING
- TCU’s growth marks the largest jump of any team in StubHub’s top 10 rankings.
- TCU demand has grown consecutively the last three years and demand is up 298% over last year according to sales.
- Demand is largely driven by the Advocare Showdown Ohio State matchup at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, StubHub’s 3rd best-selling game overall going into the season.
- TCU is the most in-demand Big 12 team and 8th overall.
- The most affordable TCU home game based on average ticket price is against the Southern Jaguars on 9/1 for $31.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS BACK IN TOP 10
- Texas Longhorns are StubHub’s 9th most in-demand team overall outselling Nebraska, #10, by 33% according to ticket sales.
- The team has jumped back into the top 10 from #20 last year with ticket demand up 204% compared to last year.
- The most affordable Texas Longhorns home game based on the average ticket price is against Tulsa Golden Hurricane on 9/8 for $74.
TEXAS PURCHASES MORE TICKETS THAN ANY OTHER STATE; TEXAS A&M IS THE BEST-SELLING TEXAS TEAM
- Texans have purchased the most in college football tickets, nearly 50% more in ticket sales than the second top purchasing state, Florida.
- Although TCU and Texas rank in the top most in-demand teams overall, Texas A&M Aggies are the best-selling team in Texas.
RED RIVER RIVALRY SHOWS STRONGER EARLY DEMAND
- Demand for the annual rivalry match-up is up 18% compared to last year.
- Red River Showdown in October is already StubHub’s 5th most in-demand game in Texas.
- The average ticket price of tickets sold is around $226 with the least expensive ticket available for purchase at $232 for the Upper End Zone. There are currently 1,723 tickets available for purchase on StubHub.
LSU VS MIAMI: MOST ANTICIPATED KICK OFF GAME AT A LOWER PRICE TAG
- StubHub’s most anticipated matchup heading into the season according to sales, Miami meets LSU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas for the first time in 13 years.
- This demand tops the full season’s list but owns kickoff weekends by more than 54% over the weekends’ next best-selling kickoff game, West Virginia-Tennessee matchup.
- The Advocare Classic can be seen at lower price tag as the average ticket price is down 7% compared to last year’s Michigan-Florida matchup.
- Texans have purchased the most for the game and make-up 33% of total sales.
- The average ticket price of tickets sold is around $226 with the least expensive ticket available for purchase at $93 for the Upper Reserved section. There are currently 4,224 tickets available for purchase on StubHub.
For more information and commentary on NCAA College Football or any other event – please reach out to PR@StubHub.com.